Ways to Save Energy While Working from Home
While working from home is the new norm, your increased energy bill does not need to be. Typically, utility bills are lower due to working in the office or away from home. Here are some tips of different ways to save energy while working from home:
- Open the curtains. There is no use in wasting energy with desk lights and other lights left on. Choose the brightest room in your house to work.
- Unplug. By unplugging other electronics that you are not using, it will conserve energy.
- Minimize Your Gadgets. While it may be nice to have extra monitors, if you minimize how many electronics you are using. Think about what you absolutely need.
- Try fans or windows instead of running the AC. While working with the AC on all day may sound enticing, try setting a timer throughout for an hour or two throughout the day.
- Go solar. By going solar, your bill will be more consistent. You won’t have to worry about those high usage months, and it has no upfront cost.
- Add a Backup Battery to your solar system. When adding a backup battery to your solar system, you will minimize the amount needed to pull from the grid. In addition, you won’t need to worry about a power outage during these critical times. The Tesla Powerwall will keep your power running for up to seven days in the case of an outage. Times like these are when we need power the most.
When going solar, you could potentially eliminate your utility bill. The best option is to talk to a consultant that can help you decide if going solar is the best option for you and your home. Infinity Energy offers free energy estimates for solar. Fill out our form or call us at 888-244-2513.